< INGREDIENTS >
- 3 c. water
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. Salt (optional)
- 2 c. Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 c. canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 container vanilla low-fat or nonfat yogurt
- 3 tbsp. coarsely chopped toasted pecans
< DIRECTIONS >
- In medium saucepan, bring water, pie spice and salt to a boil; stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in pumpkin and brown sugar; cook 1 minute. Let stand until desired consistency.
- Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls. Top with yogurt and pecans.
< Tips & Techniques >
Microwave Directions: In 3-quart microwaveable bowl, combine water, pie spice, salt and oats. Microwave on high 6 to 7 minutes for quick oats and 9 to 10 minutes for old fashioned oats, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in pumpkin.
You can find this amazing recipe from: